Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Bill...



Image courtesy of Trespass Magazine

It has been a balmy couple of days here in Melbourne, the last of summer and certainly not the most conducive weather to sitting inside a dark movie theater hiding from the sun.  However, over the weekend I managed to get myself tickets to a couple of the films being shown as part of the Melbourne Fashion Festival and as Bill Cunngham New York has been on my 'must see' movie list for a while now, I was so excited when I found out it would be showing here this week.  After receiving rave reviews when it was first released in 2010, I can tell you now, if you haven't made the effort to see it yet...you must!!  Cunningham is possibly the sweetest, most humble artist of our lifetime and his body of work is absolutely mind-boggling.  To be photographed by Bill is a true honour and as Anna Wintour famously said, "we all get dressed for Bill".  While I believe last night was the final showing time here in Melbourne, check out the info online as I am sure it will be doing the rounds for years to come...x

No comments:

Post a Comment