Friday, 1 March 2013

The Debut...










Images courtesy of style.com

Finally, the wait is over!  After much anticipation, Alexander Wang's debut collection for Balenciaga has hit the runway...to mixed reviews I must admit.  I think when people think of Wang they think of groundbreaking change, but for me at least, while the Balenciaga collection was certainly understated, he stayed true to the essence of Balenciaga and the tone was simple, chic and incredibly wearable.  For those of you who know me, I am an out and out fan of a monochrome palette, and Wang has delivered a crisp and sophisticated take on black and white for Fall.  With volume playing a key role in the collection, I particularly love the open back detailing and the marbled fabric used in a select few statement pieces.  Although there is no disputing that Wang has launched into his Balenciaga role with his signature quiet and nonchalant attitude, the clothes continue to speak volumes about how women want to dress and in the smallest details we are still able to see Wang stamp his mark on his new home...x

Follow me on bloglovinfacebookpinteresttwitter and instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment